EDIT: due to disruptions caused by the global pandemics of Covid-19, the organising committee is constantly assessing the opportunity to cancel the event. At this stage (26 March 2020), we have decided to wait for developments: the deadline for abstract submission has been extended to 15 April 2020 and a final decision will be taken in the forthcoming weeks – also considering the opportunity of rescheduling or convening the workshop through online means.
The Urban Transitions Hub and the AESOP Young Academics Network are happy to open the call for papers for the first edition of the Lisbon Early-Career Workshop in Urban Studies, to be held on 18-20 November 2020 at ICS-ULisboa. Circa 30 PhD students and early-career scholars will have the opportunity to present and discuss their research projects and/or findings during a 3-day event organised as a space of exchange, debate and learning.
The topic for the first edition is Urban Futures, Urban Transitions.
The workshop is open to PhD students and early-career scholars in the fields of urban studies, planning and geography, and all the social sciences and humanities with an interest on urban matters and urbanisation. Applications open from 15 February 2020 to
30 March 2020 15 April 2020. Send an abstract for your presentation (max 500 words) and a short letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Ela Babalik-Sutcliffe – Middle East Technical University, Ankara
- Gareth Millington – University of York
- Marco Allegra – ICS-ULisboa
- Olivia Bina – ICS-ULisboa
- Roberto Falanga – ICS-ULisboa
- Andy Inch – University of Sheffield and ICS-ULisboa
- Andrea Pavoni – Dinâmia’CET-IUL
Organising and scientific committee
- Simone Tulumello (ICS-ULisboa)
- Mariana Liz (ICS-ULisboa)
- Carolina Henriques (Dinâmia’CET-IUL)
- Joana Catela (ICS-ULisboa)
- Rozana Darwich (University Paris Sorbonne and AESOP YAs)